Keep roasted red peppers and silken tofu on hand and you can make this sauce in five minutes. Use it as a dip for fresh vegetables or toss it with your favorite cooked pasta. If you are not a fan of cilantro, you can use fresh basil or dill instead.
- 1 package extra firm silken tofu, drained
- 2 large red bell peppers, roasted and seeded
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- Combine all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and puree until smooth and creamy. Refrigerate in an airtight container until ready to use.